Checking Protection Settings ǀ Discrimination Study
|We provide Authorised Engineers, how can we help?|
|Eta Projects provides the professional role as Authorising Engineer for both High Voltage and Low Voltage Systems
to enable compliance with the Health Technical Memorandums HTM06-03 and HTM06-02.
This service includes detailed auditing to enable the client to develop a future strategy plan.
We also prepare "Operational Procedure Manuals" for both HV and LV which every facility should have to demonstrate
compliance with current requirements.
|Role and Duties of the Authorising Engineer|
|The Authorising Engineer undertakes to take responsibility for implementing, administering and monitoring the application |
of guidance for the safe operation and management of Electrical Systems.
|The Authorising Engineers role includes the following duties:|
|• Assess and recommend in writing sufficient Authorised Persons to provide the necessary cover for all electrical systems and
installations for which management has responsibility;
• Define the exact extent of the systems and installations for which each Authorised Person is responsible and, where appropriate,
any part of the system which is excluded from the Authorised Persons responsibilities;
• If necessary, recommend the suspension or cancellation of the appointment of an Authorised Person and withdraw their certificate
• Maintain a register of all Authorised Persons;
• Ensure that candidates for appointment as Authorised Persons can:
– Satisfy the qualification requirements;
– Satisfy the training and familiarisation requirements;
– Demonstrate adequate knowledge of each system, installation and type of equipment, for which authorisation is sought,
– Satisfied the Authorising Engineer as to their competence and ability.
|As Authorising Engineers, we also offer other Supportive Technical Services:||
|• Assistance with decision making for operational safety;
• Support of site AP’s with safety documentation;
• Independent advice on queries;
• Provision of HV/LV Authorised Person for project work if no site AP’s are available;
• Switchgear & Transformer Schedule;
• Discrimination Study;
• Condition Surveys;
• Power Quality Survey;
• Infra-Red Inspections and Reports;
• Partial Discharge Survey;
• Assistance with decision making on formation of site Health and Safety Policy;
• Incident Investigation;
• Cable Fault Location;
• Project and Repair Management;
• Annual condition survey and report of site UPS systems in conjunction with site AP’s;
• Attendance at meetings to specifically address AE related Concerns;
• Participation on interview panels for technical input for senior engineering positions.